Another day, another one of Locky Gilbert’s former flames speaking out.
It’s long been reported that the 31-year-old was casually dating pretty much up until the day he signed on to become The Bachelor in March, but it seems things were more serious than first thought with one girl in particular.
In February, aka weeks before he started filming the dating show, Locky kinda proposed to Perth-based Charlie Octavia, who he had started seeing several months earlier.
According to Woman’s Day, Locky responded to one of Charlie’s Insta Story selfies writing ‘marry me’. Which, technically speaking, is a marriage proposal? The mag think so, anyway.
Despite never being official with Charlie, Locky ‘continued texting her while filming the show’, literally sending her selfies taken inside The Bachelor mansion in Sydney.
‘He used to tell me he loved me all the time, but I’m glad I didn’t fall for him before I found out who he really was,’ Charlie told Woman’s Day on Monday, with the magazine publishing some of their text message exchanges and selfies as evidence.
The brunette also claimed that Locky encouraged her to audition for The Bachelor, after he revealed that he was off to film the show in Sydney in the coming weeks.
Charlie isn’t the first of Locky’s exes to speak out since he became The Bachelor. We recently compiled this feature of his complicated love life.
‘I have got a past, I can’t hide that, but they feel like they want to come out and give their story; all power to them,’ Locky told The Herald Sun of his exes earlier this month.