A leaked video of Married At First Sight’s Jason Engler mocking Liam Cooper’s sexuality whilst also body-shaming him went viral on Tuesday.
In the clip, which was filmed in November during a break from production, Jason is heard making bullying remarks about Liam, as his ‘wife’ Georgia and Johnny laugh along in the background.
And as expected, it’s divided the cast.
View this post on Instagram
Here’s how the video leaked, who else was involved and why Liam has no plans to forgive and forget.
- The Wash understands that the video was filmed in Nov, during a brief break from production before the remaining couples shot their final vow ceremonies
- It was saved by several people and slowly then circulated amongst the cast
- We’re told Liam was ‘heartbroken’ after first watching it, and even more upset at Georgia and Johnny laughing along – rather than calling Jason out on his behaviour
- Kerry Knight was also present on the night out, but did not feature in the video
- Liam is said to have brought the whole thing up at the reunion, which was filmed in February, and Jason apparently tried to ‘laugh it off’ and did not apologise
- The only apology Jason has offered was via a statement through the media today, rather than anything to Liam personally
- Liam has no plans to forgive Jason, and several cast members are saying his apology today was ‘just for damage control’
- Alana Lister, Jason’s ‘wife’ on the show, is apparently glad the clip was leaked so viewers ‘can see what he is really like and what she had to put up with’
- Other cast members, such as Booka Nile and Beck Zemek, are all behind Liam and find the whole thing ‘disgusting’